One thing I really appreciate almost the most is that I find through COETAIL people who are likeminded. At school (LS) there is one person who is as interested in the revolution like many COETAILers seem to be. By the by she just thinks we should do a geek weekend. 😉 I feel free to speak about my visions and passions and this is something I rarely ever experienced before.
Today I started getting into the ISTE Nets for Teachers. WOW – I’m so fascinated by the fact that something like this already exist for a while. It took me 2 1/2 years working in an international school environment to find them. I really recommend to have a look.
My big question is: Are you ready? Educators everywhere in the world?
Are you ready
- to facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity?
- to design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessment?
- to model digital age work and learning?
- to promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility?
- to engage in professional growth and leadership?
The ISTE organisation also provides Essential Conditions. The document showed me that probably everybody of us does already a lot. But still everybody could ask the following (and even more) questions:
- Do I really live the shared vision? How?
- How skilled am I? (Here a test of Edutopia.)
- How can I make sure that I develop myself professionally?