As I probably mentioned before besides personal and face to face encounters with inspiring people Twitter is my preferable way to get good and very individualised PD. Many Twitter users already shared how they use Twitter to get inspired, to think out of the box, to share, to comment, to communicate, to exchange knowledge, to make other people think, to provoke, to encourage, to stimulate … yes, all those things Twitter can do to you.
After watching the following speech of Will Richardson I couldn’t agree more:
It has to be about:
- learning and becoming a life-long learner!
- preparation for life, not for tests!
- allowing students to find and live for those passions for whatever they are.
- allowing students to choose their teachers.
- having a PLN (Personal Learning Network) and choosing own teachers.
- accepting and embracing that learning is just different to how we experienced it.
- embracing that information and knowledge is everywhere.
- letting the students inquire, collaborate, solving problems, taking actions and sharing their thinking with the world.